FAMILY
On Tuesday, I drove up to Baltimore to see Nicole! I got "iced" in and she graciously hosted me for the night-- it was so fun to catch up! She showed me awesome pics of S. Africa and this huge giraffe, "Jeffrey" (sorry I didn't take a pic!) that she managed to bring back (in one piece!), as well as her lovely engagement ring.
Freya on her window perch
These are some gifts Nicole saved for me on my visit, which was really sweet of her :)
VACATION
It's been a great visit "home," getting to see many of the people I love! I actually head back to California tonight, but get to enjoy a few more days of vacation (we actually get a HOLIDAY [Presidents' Day] off! Block time doesn't start until Tues.!). It's great to be excited to go back to my other "home," which is about 20 degrees warmer than it is here, and to look fwd to some more exploring (may be taking a day trip or two with Amy this weekend, perhaps to Monterey or the coast. We'll see.) and relaxing. And to see a sweet, sweet person who has offered to pick me up at 1:30 a.m. from the airport! Here's to Valentine's Day (which, this year, for some very strange reason, I am not so bitterly and vehemently against celebrating...) :)
4 comments:
HILARIOUS that Nicole saved you a brown banana. I love it! :) Your trip sounds like so much fun - that is so cool you got to see NICOLE!! :) I'll write more later - I should be working... :) ha ha
so funny about the fruit!! looks like you are having a fantastic vacation! thanks for all the great pics! miss you!!
Hi Tara,
I met one of your classmates from med school that graduates this May. He gave me your blog website & thought I would say Hi. What is your new e-mail address?
Sarah Lindsay (now Sarah Kemper)
skemper07@gamil.com
Opps. it is skemper07@gmail.com
not gamil.com (typo)
Post a Comment