Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pick-me ups

1) Great research news!

"Dear Dr. Arness:

It is a pleasure to accept your revised manuscript entitled "Varicella Zoster Virus-Associated Disease in Adult Kidney Transplant Recipients: Incidence and Risk Factor Analysis" in its current form for publication in Transplant Infectious Disease."

No more revisions! Just proofs! I am sooooooo excited about this-- not really the publication of this paper I have SLAVED away to write in its entirety, but that I don't have to continue to do work on this anymore (now about 18 mo. out of my research project) while trying to be an intern :)

Also making my day, from the editor: "Congratulations on an excellent manuscript. I saw you graduated. What are you doing now? I hope you consider infectious diseases/clinical epidemiology."

Even though I am more into the whole primary care and delivering babies thing, things like these are nice to hear.

2) A woman with whose Spanish-speaking-only mother I was able to do a complete H and P (history and physical) on in clinic today (thinking she'd have to interpret but finding she just had to sit there!) said to me, "Can you be my doctor, too?". Aww. So there are reasons I went into (and should stay in) medicine :)

8 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

YES! THE PAPER IS DONE!!! I truly know how good this feels for you.

Anonymous said...

There are MANY reasons you should be a doctor!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tara! I feel like I'm on the same schedule asa Wendi...reading your email...reading your blog. haha :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, congrats! =)

-Eva

TAV said...

Aw, thanks, guys! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a good feeling to have your hard work acknowledged! :)

yuan family said...

Congratulations Tara...both pieces of good news are great to hear!

Rachel and Hans said...

Tara - congrats!! i'm sure it feels awesome. you deserve the recognition.