Monday, April 16, 2007

Get your fill!

Not sure when we'll get a chance to write again. Thought I would, again, be lazy and just post some pics. Wen is the writer :)

It was nice to get outside on Sunday after laying low for the elections on Saturday. Apparently, they went well (Kels and Wendi, today, got a briefing from our Nigerian godfather but I didn't get the whole story). We "Mayo five" led the Faith Alive (HIV) Support group meeting and got a chance to take some pics of us in nice dress. Here they are.
Kelsey is really into "hands and feet" :)


Goofy Kels's idea-- she held the camera Our apartment balcony

Getting water from the well, which Kelsey and I have to do with less frequency than the others (you may not want to know why...) :)

Today, John, Ajit, and I went to JUTH (Jos University Teaching Hospital) and spent some time with Dr. Thacher, a doctor who has been here for 19 years but who will be coming on staff at Mayo come May. He specializes in treating kids with rickets, which I had never seen with such severity.

Here is a 7-year old child, Blessing

Another child, with a "windswept" deformity (legs curving in same direction).

Tomorrow, Dr. Fischer and Dr. Chris arrive back here from Abuja. I'm sure the next few days will go by in a blur. Pray that we wrap up safely and make it to South Africa without problem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara! It looks like you are having a great time... so glad! I can't wait to see you in June and hear more about it.
Love you