Sunday, December 3, 2006

Day around the Bay

Today, Erin, TJ and I spent the entire day outside in the San Francisco Bay area. It was such a gorgeous day-- about 60 and sunny with very little fog!

We first did a hike called Cliff House Walk at Land's End where we saw tons of people jogging or walking with families, dogs, etc. I still can't get over that it is DECEMBER and we can be outside like this. I also can't get over how ethnically diverse it is. It is so refreshing to see people of color and to hear so many different languages being spoken all around you.
If you look hard, you can see the Golden Gate Bridge in the background
Here it's much more clear
We then drove over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands and had more beautiful views of the bay.

Here is Alcatraz Island!
I'm very proud of this picture-- doesn't it look artsy?

We ate lunch at this cute town, Sausalito, on the north side of the bay and basked in some more sunshine. Here's a nice little fountain in that town.

We then stopped at the mall (yes, the mall--it was one of those outdoors ones!) for fresh groceries on our way back. They had cheap avocados, mangos, papayas, and tons of other groceries. We were tempted, but didn't come away with any hunks of dark chocolate that they were selling.

I haven't spent that much time OUTSIDE in a long, long time! The weather here, year-round is totally fantastic.

I go to dinner with some residents tonight, then have to prepare for interivew #1: San Jose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, tara!! say hi to erin and TJ...and enjoy that nice weather. yep - it's about 10 degrees here and windy...brrr!

Anonymous said...

Tara, your children are going to be the luckiest in the world when they get to look through all of the amazing pictures of places you've traveled to! (oops... ended a sentence with a preposition...my bust!) Anyways, I think it's really cool that you get to travel so much. I hope your interview goes well! Any hospital is going to be lucky to have you!

TAV said...

Rachel-- We miss you! You should come out here... did Hans look anywhere here?
Laura-- let's just hope that there get to be children.... I better find myself a hot California surfer dude or something :)

yuan family said...

I love San Francisco and it looks like you had great weather...I am jealous! Good luck on the interview.