Monday, August 28, 2023

Field & Fair Play


It's soccer season (again!). Iver is on a team with some familiar faces from his last year's team (the Ice Dragons), with some newer faces.

buds Hudson, Peyton, Earl, Iver

Brian and Miles are coaching again







Their first game was on Saturday, and they had a strong effort, being tied 2-2 at half-time and going on to win 7-2 (Hudson scored about five goals-- a "mega hat trick?!"). Iver had two good shots on goal, but missed just slightly high (we joked he's been playing too much recreational kickball!). He was amazing on defense (the kids rotate positions).

Kelvin and I enjoyed watching; Niall enjoyed deconstructing our camp chairs and whining about snacks.

It was fun to see baby Evan.


In the afternoon, we went to the Humboldt County Fair in Ferndale.

We visited the barn...



... and promptly got animal poop all over our shoes.

There were treats, of course.



Iver and Niall got wristbands which allowed them unlimited trips on rides (there was a height requirement so N could only do the fun-house/maze type things and a slide).



Gleeful Iver with Hudson & Peyton 



I rode "The Zipper" with a random stranger who needed a "cage" buddy. This ride spins you forward/backward in cages revolving around an up/down diagonal axis, and was pretty fun!  (Iver wouldn't ride it with me, though!).  I do love roller coasters and this was the closest I'd come (besides the water park rides) in decades! 

Bungee!


Kelvin, Niall, and  I retired shortly after 8 pm but Iver stayed out later with Shannon and kids, bull-riding until late (and he actually slept in until 7 am)!



Fun times on the field and at the fair! 

No comments: