Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crab season!!



We are blessed on the North Coast with an abundance of fresh seafood. I have yet to try fresh abalone, but we are saving some smoked oysters from Trinidad in our fridge (for a special occasion), and, this weekend, took home freshly caught Dungeness crab from Captain Zach's Crab Shack in McKinleyville which we enjoyed at home. Yum!!!!

3 comments:

Eva @ Eva Bakes said...

Call me jealous! Fresh abalone is the best thing ever, and one of my favorites. Can you send some my way? =)

David and Lesley said...

Have you had a chance to try that chili crab recipe? Sounds like it's a good time for it! :)

TAV said...

MMM! I have to try abalone.
Les- I still have that recipe saved. problem is, getting crab meat out is so time-consuming! I think I'd eat it all before I had enough to spice up. :)