The kids are more into sports than crafting these day, and I'm not a very crafty person by nature. However, in January I posted about a new (pseudo-crafty) hobby, book-folding!
I folded this for Jenna, who shares my love of reading (and actually likes running) and who turns 40 this month!
Niall and Iver both watched me folding and wanted to get into it, as well, so they both requested that I thrift long-enough books for them to undertake projects. Niall measured and did the folding for both of these!
Niall also has been learning "felting" (a craft I'd never heard of!) at school, and requested some kits so that he could make creations at home. Basically, it involves poking at wool with a "felting" needle to the point that it becomes more compact in shapes like balls, ears, and animals :)
While drawing and painting will likely never be my thing, it's neat to hear about *new* crafts that I (and kids) can get behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment