Kelvin treated me for my birthday month to an evening out at Blue Lake Casino to see the West Coast Dueling Pianos this past weekend. His parents were here to watch kids, and I invited a few friends (unfortunately Karen got shingles and missed it!) to join us at VIP table-- Lauren, Shannon, Josh and Kay were our guests (Shannon just had a birthday last week also).
I'd seen dueling pianos once before (at a bar in Florida, I think!), but had not been recently. The duo (Dave and Laura I think) took audience recommendations (with cash) and played tons of pop songs throughout the night, which had audience members singing along and dancing.
Kelvin got both a Dr. Dre song and the Backstreet Boys' "I want it that way," sung, and apparently he mentioned his "wife's birthday," which prompted the lead pianist/singer to call me up on stage for a public "Happy Birthday" (actually my worst nightmare).
Even though I was incredibly sleep deprived from my previous night on call, it was a fun couple of hours on a Saturday night listening to (fun) live music, which (even though I'm not always the most up on pop culture) I actually recognized :). Happy Birthday (month) to me!


No comments:
Post a Comment