I passed another middle-aged birthday on Tuesday without too much cause for celebration. I received many well wishes via messages and texts, talked to my parents, and received some small gifts from family including Kelvin and kids, which was perfect.
Niall had me "help" making this birthday pop-up card the week before (and said, "Now, forget about it for a week, mama!").
My sister-in-law, Katherine, is so thoughtful and sent me a new book!
Kelvin gifted me some Niners gear (we're celebrating my bday with a SF trip early next month).
I didn't have to work this Thanksgiving holiday, and we had a great Thursday!
It started with friends with the 5K "Turkey Trot" in Eureka, a race new to us. The weather could not have been more perfect for a 9 a.m. run!
Iver thought that, of our group, I'd finish towards the back... however, I was not about to get trash-talked by an eight-year-old. Here's us nearing the finish line...
Check out who's leading whom and official race results (no mercy for cocky kids).
162 Tara V F42 25:35
165 "Tyler" typo Iver V M08 25:41
We volunteered for our second consecutive year serving a Thanksgiving noon meal at St. Vincent de Paul in Eureka.
Halls vs Vus
It was a close match-up. Each of us argued that we won, due to some questionable out-of-bounds/line calls.
I had contributed a cornbread casserole side and Iver and I had baked a couple of pumpkin pies, but I was thankful not to host (/be responsible for the main!). Shannon had quite the impressive spread, including turkey, ham, roasted veggies, squash, stuffing, bread, green beans, and baked mac and cheese, which I should have photographed! All was delicious.
Gobble, Gobble!









No comments:
Post a Comment