We have read several "Junie B. Jones" books over the years. While I don't love some of the grammar (which is a bit "dumbed down" for kids) and language some of the time, Junie B. is a spunky little girl (KG- first grade) who provides some laughs and entertainment for young kids.
Iver and I had tickets to see Junie B. Jones The Musical (put on by Main Stage Musicals, a local theater company that has put on some great shows) in March of 2020, over five hundred and sixty days ago. When the world shut down, the show did, too. It had been tentatively postponed one other time (and then moved again), but our Sunday tickets were auto-transferred to this past Sunday in October, more than a year and a half later, when COVID seemed "safer." I know that many other people have had to postpone much bigger things in their lives than a kids' theater show due to the pandemic (weddings, vacations, celebrations, and more), but knowing that the involved kids, who had worked so hard to practice, with stops, starts, and through all of the uncertainty of last year, could finally get their chance to perform and shine, was a truly great thing.
The show was held, masked and outside, at Arcata's Redwood Park stage, and was a bit chilly, but "worth it" (per Iver. Kelvin took him since there was the possibility I'd get interrupted and called away as, unfortunately, it was my on-call weekend this month). We haven't done much of anything "show-like" due to the pandemic (except the circus in August), and it was a real treat (I so wish I could have gone!).
I'm so excited to re-enter the world of viewing shows, musical performances, and all other "live" entertainment.
"The show must go on." Eventually, even five hundred and sixty-seven days later, all life does...
No comments:
Post a Comment