It's been such a blessing during this "summer of Corona" to explore outdoor spaces close to home that we may not have otherwise had the time nor motivation to visit. My friend Kellie told us about Kimtu Beach (in the warmer town of Willow Creek, 45 minutes to our east), and we headed there on Saturday morning for some more sand and river time. We'd driven past Willow Creek once to Big Bar last summer, and to Redding a few years ago, but hadn't been that way on the very curvy Highway 299 anytime in the recent past, and actually have not ever spent much time in/around the "Bigfoot Capital of the World," especially during the summer months (when it gets HOT inland!).
We were the only car in the nearby parking lot at 9 a.m. and had a lot of time and space to play in the water and on the beach before we saw any other people.
Here's Iver testing out the temperature (a bit cool at first, but which was more pleasant later in the morning)
The water was a clear, sparkling green
reinforcing a "pond"
Everyone needed to rest when it got hotter
Regal Niall (the "Hamilton" pose-- we listened to this soundtrack almost the entire ride there and back!)
Iver got halfway wet with me (but didn't want to be submerged and couldn't be convinced that he wouldn't, wearing a flotation vest, sink).
I finally took the plunge and swam across the Trinity (which is popular for rafting, although this was a pretty slow-moving part at thist ime). While I can't say I've actually swum in any of our county's rivers or in the local ocean (as I'm really not a fan of cold water) until now, it was hot enough outside to feel refreshing and enjoyable!
The far side had a nice rock wall good for jumping off (although which I did not test out).




















No comments:
Post a Comment