"show me your muscles" photo
Kelvin said, "Niall! You hardly even touched your food."
Niall replied, showing us the food-crusted and slimy palms of his hands and fingers, "NO, BUT I DID!!"
Kelvin also served him breakfast one day and said, "Here you go, baby boy!"
Niall replied, "I am a BIG BOY, NOT a baby boy!"
Potty training is going well, except one naked day, a little nugget came out of Niall when he was climbing on the sofa before he recognized he had to go (we rushed him to the toilet, where he finished his BM). He is still learning to use appropriate pronouns but says not infrequently," 'Member [remember] when my [I] pooped on the couch?!" When we asked him if he pees on the potty at school, he says, "NO! IN THE URNINAL (urinal)!"
Iver had given up napping but, now combined in a small class with some younger preschool kids, he was encouraged to nap/rest on his cot at daycare (which we don't really like, because he then takes forever to fall asleep at night). This week, his teachers have been letting him stay up to do "art" or notes during the other kids' naptime. This note (to a daughter of a colleague) made us laugh.
A week or so ago, Iver was being very persistent in arguing with me about when I'd check on him after he got into bed (he was lobbying for every 15 minutes after 8 p.m. although I was declining).
I told him, "Iver, you've been arguing with me for five minutes about this, which is really exhausting. Why should I compromise with you?" He replied, "No, I've only been arguing with you for four minutes. I stared at 7:55 and now it's 7:59." As I often am with this super strong-willed (and literal, numbers-oriented) child, I was frustrated but this one made me laugh.
The kids also decorated the daycare door for Earth Day. Except it's not May.
Three times this week, I have turned into our neighborhood to see a woman walking a llama down the sidewalk. I kid you not! I wish I'd taken a photo, but I've been driving all three times and was so flummoxed I couldn't get it together to stop in time. I have seen a (I assume this) llama in a neighborhood backyard before, but I'd never seen it out for a stroll! Even the llama is having cabin fever, it seems! There used to be a guy in Arcata who walked yaks, but I haven't seen him in years. Only in Humboldt...
(Kelvin finally caught a photo)
And here are some matching pictures of the boys. Niall, who usually gets dressed second, often wants to match his brother, which is cute.
He also wants to imitate his moves!
(No kids were harmed in the taking of these photos).
My sister-in-law Katherine sent me some Ramblin' Mama quotes
These kids sure make me tear my hair out a lot of the time (especially when trapped indoors), but also are a source of a lot of levity and smiles.











No comments:
Post a Comment