Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sharing the summewear

Having two active boys has been pretty challenging at times.  I'm surprised no one has ended up with a serious laceration nor a broken bone yet. In fact, when I found out early in my second pregnancy that I was having another boy, I was just a touch disappointed (briefly), because (not to be sexist, but) I wondered if a girl would be lower in energy/less spirited than was our #1, and would complete our balanced family (I did not desire more than two kids ever).  However, I quickly moved on and began to relish the idea of just having another healthy child, and was thrilled I didn't ever have to go girl-clothes-shopping (I am all about the hand-me-downs) or deal with fashion choices/headbows (ugh!). [What I didn't anticipate was how strongly my oldest feels about his clothing, especially having a preference for wearing dresses at home).

Iver has been extremely into his tank tops lately, and he's gotten great wear out of them, us having a great stretch of truly summer-like weather lately.

While toy- and fly-swatter-(a popular item in our house!) sharing is somewhat touchy, Iver is pretty generous with sharing food and clothes with his younger brother.  We realized that while Iver can still fit some 18-24-month outfits, he's more of a 3T size now for most things, and, while Niall (18 months) can still fit some 9-month outfits, he can pull off the bigger shirts.  We did a little shirt swap this weekend, and check out the wearer(s) of the popular orange tank.









Here's hoping these two little goofballs will always be the best of friends (, share always, and also avoid bodily harm). 

No comments: