Sunday, January 28, 2018

Good Guys (sometimes) Finish First


Thank goodness for "good news" stories every once in a while, in the relative escape of sport, when sometimes the best man(/person) does finish first.

Here's congratulating Roger Federer, a great athlete and person whose skill, grace, and empathy continue to shine through as he continues to excel in the sport of tennis.  I love this guy.  He won his 20th Grand Slam tennis title (6th Australian Open) today, defeating Marin Cilic (nothing against Cilic but I am and will always be a Fed Fan) in a great five-set match.

If only we could all be as on top of things/one's profession at age 36!

And here's to men who are genuine, gracious, compassionate, humble despite greatness, and who aren't afraid nor ashamed to show emotion in stadiums full of thousands of people. I hope to raise two of them.

Image result for roger federer australian open 2018

No comments: