I've had a really bad virus-- which has my energy level a zero and a persistent cough, for about two weeks. I can't remember feeling this bad in years, and certainly not since becoming a mom, which adds its own layer of complexity and not-putting-yourself-first-ness. It's amazing how much we (I) take our (my) health for granted.
I've had pretty busy OB call days including at least one delivery per day (most at 1 a.m.) last weekend with a lot of emotionally draining labors, and haven't had a *real* day off since coming back from our winter getaway.
Iver started daycare last week. He's doing ok, although still crying when we leave him and refusing to drink any milk all day, and eating quite little (but someone mentioned to me earlier this week that she thinks toddlers live on air!). He was in the 6% and only 18 lbs at his 1 year WCC, which again has me concerned that we can't get enough calories into him. He missed two days of daycare already with probably the same illness I've had, with some vomiting and a heartbreaking little cough.
Kelvin's mom is still with us for another week, before we are *on our own*. I'm pretty nervous. She has done so much for us in this last 10 months, allowing us to ignore the *real world* while maintaining heavy workloads.
I don't know how people are able to be "productive" at work (i.e. seeing and charting on 20 patients in a day), get their kid(s) off to daycare/school, make food for themselves/their kids (and have time to eat it), walk the dog, get laundry done, keep their house in some semblance of order, and ... keep their sanity. Or have time to do something for themselves like read or relax... before falling into bed, exhausted.
Fingers crossed that we all find a way. Prayers are appreciated.
I've had pretty busy OB call days including at least one delivery per day (most at 1 a.m.) last weekend with a lot of emotionally draining labors, and haven't had a *real* day off since coming back from our winter getaway.
Iver started daycare last week. He's doing ok, although still crying when we leave him and refusing to drink any milk all day, and eating quite little (but someone mentioned to me earlier this week that she thinks toddlers live on air!). He was in the 6% and only 18 lbs at his 1 year WCC, which again has me concerned that we can't get enough calories into him. He missed two days of daycare already with probably the same illness I've had, with some vomiting and a heartbreaking little cough.
Kelvin's mom is still with us for another week, before we are *on our own*. I'm pretty nervous. She has done so much for us in this last 10 months, allowing us to ignore the *real world* while maintaining heavy workloads.
I don't know how people are able to be "productive" at work (i.e. seeing and charting on 20 patients in a day), get their kid(s) off to daycare/school, make food for themselves/their kids (and have time to eat it), walk the dog, get laundry done, keep their house in some semblance of order, and ... keep their sanity. Or have time to do something for themselves like read or relax... before falling into bed, exhausted.
Fingers crossed that we all find a way. Prayers are appreciated.


1 comment:
Parenthood is tough. You'll find your new routine soon enough - it just takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for your family. I have to admit though, that both M and I were super sick the first two years that Addie went to daycare. We contracted every virus under the sun and were constantly at the pedi office (rotavirus was the worst). But now our immune systems are rock solid!
Post a Comment