Sunday, September 14, 2014

Catching up & Cupcakes


We are out in Virginia for an east-coast vacation which happens about once per year.  On Saturday, Yvonne, one of Kelvin's HS/college friends, and her fiance Irvin drove down from Philly to hang out with us.   

On Yvonne's must-do list was to hit Georgetown Cupcake, so we headed to the Bethesda location thinking the traffic and lines would be better than going into D.C. proper (which was a good move!).  Now living "rural," we have very little patience or tolerance for waiting in lines.





Some of the featured flavors included Peanut butter fudge, Coconut, and Cookies 'n Creme.


I have to say that I'm not, in general, a huge cupcake or cake can (the frosting is, by far, the best part for me!). I haven't eaten that many cupcakes in my lifetime. However, I must say that the salted caramel cupcake that K and I shared was perhaps the best cupcake I'd ever eaten-- moist and very sweet. I hope I don't get gestational diabetes now :).



We had to come home with a dozen to be shared.


On Sunday, we met up with some of my HS/band buddies at Rocky Run Park in Arlington for some donuts/snacks and drinks. It was great to get some tips from the new moms (Jordan with Isla) and Lauren (with Ellie, 2, and newest addition, Will).


Getting practice for January (or, with hope, December) :)