... not all edible.
I spent a good amount of time this weekend at the hospital.
I also spent some time with some shellfish of various types. We had an impromptu visit from Chamreun from OC, who loves oysters as much as we do.
OYSTERS
Here are our lovely fresh (Pacific & Como) oysters [Chamreun gets full credit for the photo], from the "oyster lady" at the Arcata farmers' market, consumed on a picnic bench by Trinidad Head...
... with a view like this:
CRABS
In the evening on Saturday, we caught a Crabs' Game. The Humboldt Crabs are an Arcata collegiate summer baseball team, founded in 1945, and is the oldest continually-operated summer collegiate team in American baseball! While I am not a huge baseball fan (a little too slow for me...), it was actually pretty fun to watch on a nice (but still cold) "summer" night. We enjoyed food and drink while being entertained by the "Crab Grass Band" and the 9-1 win.
Chamreun & a ballpark dog
Elise & K
our spot by the 1st base line
TWINS
I had the privilege of doing my first *solo* (i.e. no one there to bail me out/breathe down my neck!) twin vaginal delivery on Sunday. It went beautifully, and was soooo fun and rewarding!
We probably won't have any more twins anytime soon, but we're excited for some more summer games, and the Arcata Oysterfest coming in 2 weekends.... if you're around, join us!


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment