Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hello, furniture!!

We have been waiting close to one month for some of our downstairs furniture to arrive. After much sofa- and dining-table browsing in August (I definitely wore Kelvin out), we were advised to try shopping at Macy's home store (in Sac) for more selection... and found an awesome sectional sofa as well as a beautiful dining table set (for a great deal). As we both were formerly living in too cramped quarters to "entertain" the idea of entertaining, we were excited to move into our house here to have the space to enjoy visitors (without embarrassment). However, we couldn't really put forth the full invites until we had places for guests to sit, so we are ecstatic to now have both items of furniture (with our first visitors, Chamreun and Danny, scheduled to come in a couple of weeks, and Serena/Brad planning to pay us a visit in November-- yay!).

We had some trouble coordinating the items' delivery (and, truthfully felt quite strung-along), as apparently us both working full-time and living in the boonies complicates deliveries from companies outside the Humboldt area. Nevertheless, our goodies arrived yesterday, when Kelvin was home to greet the delivery men, and we are loving them!

Living room sectional


Dining Table (and very comfy chairs)


Our room(s) are not totally complete, yet, though...
Here is a living room area rug on the way that I ordered yesterday, and there might be a bigger TV in our future (so we can better enjoy football season... :))



Come visit so you can check out our set-up "live"!

3 comments:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

It's SO nice to get furniture into an empty space! And that sofa looks crazy comfy. I've been dreaming about dining tables (no joke) because we've been here over a year and have yet to find a table. So I'm a wee bit envious :)

Eva said...

Congrats on your new furniture! I bet your house looks beautiful now!

I've been in my house for 6 years and still haven't bought a dining room set yet. Sigh.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara I love to see you spending money! It's exhilarating!