Wednesday, June 1, 2011

'Tis the Season: next one's ours!!


We have had a fun May attending friends' weddings and having some fun in California!
Thanks to Wai Kiu, as always, for taking most of these photos and letting me steal them.

First up: Tim/Kya
Tim (residency classmate) and Kya, his college sweetheart, got married at the Gardens at Heather Farm in Walnut Creek a couple of weekends ago. It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding and everything, from the surrounding roses to the bride, was gorgeous!

Group of residency attendees (Lees, K/me, Serena/Brad, Ashby)

Ashby and her date

The Bride processes

The Happy Couple


The reception and dance party!




NEXT: Memorial day weekend 2011
We went down to Westminster for our 2nd annual Memorial Day weekend

K's grandma is over from Vietnam for our wedding and brought me a beautiful ao dai I got to wear on Saturday at a ceremonial event and to Kimie's wedding

Theresa, me, Kat



Kimie and Vin (after a loooong engagement-- this day finally came!) got married at a church in San Dimas!!

The bride enters...

The happy couple

UCD crew post-ceremony (uh... I think I stand out a bit too much!)


After the church ceremony, K took us to his med school grounds (Western U.) to explore...

... and, at the Holiday Inn, Mason pretended to be a bellhop!

The evening came (reception at Diamond Bar Center):
Thai ceremony

Beautiful centerpieces (which were all taken by guests at the end of the night-- did people know that this is kosher? Apparently it definitely is at Asian weddings!)


Eight-course dinner menu!

First dance

Third outfit of the night!


Fun photo booth!





On Sunday, Wai Kiu, Hanh, Mason, Serena, Brad, K and I ventured off the coast to Catalina Island.

Let's just say that it wasn't the best day for boat travel. I don't think I've ever gotten seasick, but I was one of the lucky 25% of passengers who spent the majority of the 1-hour ride out on the deck throwing up into my barf bag. It was disgusting. But, despite (from the moment the nausea first hit) trying to plot an escape from the island that didn't involve a boat, we all really had a good time.

Two people had fun on the boat ride:

Shabu came along!
I love these pics:

We rode golf carts around the island:


and had some great views! (I hijacked Serena/Brad's dog for the day!)





We napped in the sun and had a smooth sail back (thanks to better "surf" and some meclizine [Thanks, Serena!] :)

Monday included some shopping and, too soon, the weekend was over and the week work began.

The countdown:
Residency days left: 28!!
Days until the wedding: 30!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That red dress looks amazing on you. You are absolutely beautiful!!

Ebby Ray

Laura D said...

I love how you did your hair for the last wedding! Loved the ao dai, too!