It's been a while since I have spent back-to-back Saturdays wine-tasting, but this has been the story of my March so far.
Last weekend, a bunch of us went wine-tasting for Amy's bachelorette party in Amador County, east of Sacramento. We visited four wineries: Villa Toscana, Bray, Wilderotter, and Bella Piazza. All were great. Villa Toscana offered us 18 (yes, eighteen!) tastings (for free; plus tasty mustard!). As one who is generally a one- or two-glass wonder, I had to pace myself and refrain from most of those choices, but did walk away with a bottle of tasty orange muscat (I am a fan of the dessert wines!). Obviously, I was not an appointed driver.
Beautiful photography, courtesy of Katherine


The bachelorette (not for long... wedding in less than 1 week!)
Tailgate-ing (with carrots and hummus!) outside in the sunshine

This Short Bus was hilarious
At Taste Restaurant in Plymouth (Katherine, Beth, me, Anna, Katie, Amy, Gabrielle, Kate, and Shannon)


This past Saturday, a bunch of us went to the Livermore Barrel Tasting event (about an hour South of Sac), where we visited wineries of John Evans, Wente, El Sol, and Murietta's Well.
Thanks to Darina for photo-documenting the event, as I was really lousy at taking pics. Pretty much all of these are stolen!
The group at Wente
(Darina, Tocher, Brad, Serena, Mike, Roxanna, Kelvin, me, Caesar, and Kristin)

The girls (Serena, Roxanna, Darina, Kristin, me)

The girls (Serena, Roxanna, Darina, Kristin, me)





