I'm not sure how I found time to read this book but, on Cathleen's recommendation, finally got it (long ago requested) from the library and devoured it over the course of several days. It was fantastic. The personal story of a woman who spends a year finding pleasure again in Italy, India, and Indonesia, it was funny, thoughtful, and real. I recommend it to everyone! (Great message of a title, too!)
Fluting...Oh my gosh. You have to check out this video that Eva forwarded me. I love this Bach suite movement, and these two guys playing on one flute is just amazing (she quipped, "maybe we should have done this for our recital together!").
Sleeping....
Waking up at 4 a.m.... just.... sucks. Luckily we discharged a bunch of people today and the attending on FP wards this week is okay with rounding at 8 a.m. Sometimes I feel like I have no life...
Movies (or, er, staying awake @ movies....)
Amy and I saw "Made of Honor" this weekend, which was great! I miss chick flicks and movies in general! The most sleep deprived I've ever been, I'm even worse now than I used to be at successfully staying awake, if you can believe it, and am even more hesitant to watch a movie starting after 7 p.m.. But this (a 7:20 movie [!] was met with success! It was so cute, too! :)
Traveling...
My Mom sends me this email yesterday, "Hi T & V, We're relaxing at a beautiful resort on the beach in Kerala (India). Coconut trees, fresh seafood, Kerala dishes I haven't eaten since I was a little girl...."
Argh! Actually, Shomir and I got word we have the same vacation block next year in October, and we're tossing around ideas of exotic places to go.... S. America/ C. America/ maybe Indonesia. Ideas? :)
Argh! Actually, Shomir and I got word we have the same vacation block next year in October, and we're tossing around ideas of exotic places to go.... S. America/ C. America/ maybe Indonesia. Ideas? :)
Non-itchy eyes
Let me say no more. Pollen in Sacramento is torturous. I have never had such terrible allergies... anywhere, anytime. I want to tear my eyes out. I am on allegra, flonase, and millions of eye drops but it is still not controlled. Suggestions?
Friends
I miss you guys! I finally caught up w/ Molly this past weekend and it was so great to hear from her. I am so excited for Hans and Rachel's wedding in June when I can catch up with my MN peeps! :) ONE MONTH! :) (and maybe we'll be lucky and it will get above freezing! :)).
6 comments:
Hi Tara - glad you liked the flute video. Those guys are great! Try the neti pot suggestion for your allergies. It's been working for me, and it's a fairly cheap alternative (~$15 at CVS or Walgreens) to name-brand medication. Good luck!
Tara - We can't wait for you to come back to MN for the wedding. The weather is GREAT here now . . and will be for at least five months!
4:00am??? I don't even want to tell you what time I am getting up these days :) Hang in there!
I saw the same movie and thought it was great...Brandon was on call so it was fun to go to a chick flick without him! We are excited to see you too!
This video was so funny I stole it for my blog! =)
I read Eat, Pray, Love when I went on vacation to Belize this past December and LOVED the book. :) What an inspirational novel. I'm currently reading Thousand Splendid Suns...which is the novel written by the same author as Kite Runner. Anyway, Arash, Dinh-Hai and I are going to the concert in the park, dinner and movie (Ironman) if you, Amy, Shomir, etc want to come out tonight. :) Call me!
thanks, eva! gotta try that neti pot:)
hans- SO jealous!
kristen- glad you liked that movie, too!
joia- steal away!
darina- sorry we missed you (out of town this a.m.)!
i love khaled hosseini! loved kite runner. hope you had fun @ the movie!
Post a Comment