Monday, November 19, 2007

Rocks etc

Fun weekend!
  • Joined some FP residents for breakfast (I LOVE BREAKFAST) at the famous/popular Tower Cafe (assoc. with the old Tower Theater) on Saturday... pancakes were amazing!
  • Worked a teeny bit Saturday at the Peds Urgent Care, where I caught one of the many viral URIs I have diagnosed in the past week. This is a bummer-- it's been a LONG time since I've been sick.
  • Fell asleep watching Must Love Dogs with Kate and Amy (some things never change...), but I finished it yesterday-- pretty cute movie. As I love dogs.
  • ROCK CLIMBED on Sunday. It was Amy's idea to do something as a group not involving food, so to Sacramento Pipeworks we went!

I'd only been rock climbing one time, back in college, and never learned how to belay and all that, but we all took a little class and then had fun both climbing and belaying for eachother! I am kind of wimp and had a hard time on the ones (i.e. above a 5.7) with little rocks, but it was fun! Enjoy the pics!

Starting out... Brenden looking up while Adeel looks on.

Sean, our instructor, point things out to us

With Brenden (who I did not drop!)
With Amy (who kicked my butt big time but who did a great job belaying me while I fell off walls)...like hereThere was some good climbing, though...It's a race! (Amy and Jeremy)
Amy in action

I can belay, too! Noelle (aka superfast Spiderwoman climber) and JeremyNoelle teaching Fizzah the art of knot-tying Fizzah goes up!


Here we're on at the same time
  • Then, to finish a lovely Sunday, was an FP/OB dinner for the Nov. bdays.... here with Sarah

We had awesome deep dish and thin crust pizza at Chicago Fire downtown... mmm. Don't even have to brave the midwest cold for that cheesy goodness :)

(Aline, Suzanne, Sarah, me, and Kyla)

Kyla thinks I need to have people sign release forms because they end up on my blog. See if she reads this, though :) Maybe at a later date.

As for this week... I work in the peds ED tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, and then I head to MN for Thanksgiving!!! Woo-hoo (if only I could find my coat)....

Fun factoid: this blog has been going exactly one year and one day (started 11/18/06). Wonder how long it will keep going :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love reading your blog, haha. And I did not kick your butt; you were quite an impressive climber yourself. Now you just need to get your own harness so we can start going all the time :)

Kyla said...

Hey! I read your blog within 48 hours of you posting your last entry, and I have this little comment to prove it!

TAV said...

rock climbing, here we come!
kyla-- you impress me! now we just have to work on the reading of the e-mail :)

Anonymous said...

Hapy Birthday Tara! The Ray family loves you!

RR

Rachel and Hans said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TARA!!!!!

sounds like a great weekend (all except the URI) I have been battling one for over a week - no fun! hope yours clears up soon!

have a fantastic b-day! wish we were there to celebrate with you!

TAV said...

thanks, guys!