Saturday, July 28, 2018

Friday Fawn (and Funnies)


Yesterday, we saw the above lovely fawn when we went on our late afternoon walk. It's so nice to see wildlife in our neighborhood (we could do without seeing a mountain lion, though-- one was sighted in the Arcata forest about a week ago!).  I prefer seeing live deer to inspecting roadkill, although as there as been a lot of flattened-possum-observing this week, too!

On the wildlife and funnies topic, I told Iver that we plan to stop using plastic straws at home (and ideally when out and about-- I bought a stainless steel set), along with other plastic disposables, due to their obvious detrimental environmental impact (the video of a sea turtle's nostril stuffed with a plastic straw has really haunted me, and I showed him the video. Props to Starbucks for planning a plastic straw ban by 2020!).  He tattled, "Ba ba [grandma] is using a plastic straw in her water! I told her not to because of the turtles!" I'm glad to be raising a budding young environmentalist.

Since ông nội (grandpa) is again in town this week to help with childminding, Kelvin suggested over dinner that he and I go out for a date night tomorrow. Iver, who was apparently paying very close attention announced, "Hey! I WANNA GO ON DATE NIGHT, TOO! CAN I COME?!"

Image result for laugh cry emoji

Three-year-olds are pretty entertaining.

No comments: