Not that I'm into saving money or anything (or the environment, for that matter... if you haven't, check out Rachel's hilarious post entitled "Just flush it," about Hans and toilet water conservation which made me thrilled because it seems that someone thinks like I do!!), but I thought I'd share this link Eva sent me where you can plug in your zipcode and check out the lowest, average, and highest gas prices in your area.
I'm soo glad to be driving a Prius (can you see the link at the top right where it lists it as the top fuel efficient vehicle? :)). Sac's prices are: (low) $3.79/ avg 3.89/ high 3.99 (can you remember when a gallon cost less than a dollar?!). On our drive back from Millbrae last weekend, Shomir the engineer was playing with the cruise control to find the perfect speed to absolutely optimize the gas mileage... we, being residents pressed for time, couldn't bring ourselves to go much slower than 50 mph, but I think we got up to 59 miles per gallon at that speed (just think of the savings!!)! How cool is that?!
So, if you have the time to drive around to find the cheapest gas, kudos to you.
If you can be an every-other-time flusher, I am proud of you! (sorry, Rach).
If you are into rescuing food, call me and let's have a potluck (or, if you're not a rescuer, call me and I will rescue your leftovers for you)!
Happy earth-day-week! :)
2 comments:
i am mighty jealous of the prius these days, tara! it's about $3.42 where i live now. it certainly makes me think twice about where i drive. when do i get to meet shomir??!
Average is $3.56 here and I knew that my car wasn't on that list before I even looked at it. Ugh!
Post a Comment