Thursday, April 10, 2008

At last...

Updates since last miserable post:

  • Schedule has gotten way better. The service has calmed down, and we are actually discharging people to i.e. San Francisco VA for procedures, to the floor, home, etc... the hours are more manageable. I can't WAIT to start my 2 outpatient cardiology weeks on Monday... we so rarely get outpatient time!
  • I got to try my first fish taco (mmm) on Tues. when Phi, Jeremy, Noelle, Brenden and I got together to eat @ Rubio's and then watch Idol. I have to say that I have not been faithfully following Idol this season secondary (mostly) to schedule, but there are some really talented singers on there (matching Sanjaya's prowess from last season :)). I haven't seen the results from today, but I'm hoping that Kristy Lee Cook or whatever her name is gets kicked off. I love the 17-year-old guy, David Archuleta :)
  • Tara working 14 hour days @ the VA hospital while Shomir working 14 hour nights on night float @ UCD = not very much hanging out :( But, at last, we did cross paths today for the first time since Sun. when I was able to stop by this afternoon. If I get out at a reasonable time Saturday, we may go to a cello concert!
  • I finally got my car washed (+oil change/ tire rotation) today. If you have ever seen my car, you will know that this (generally a low priority of mine) was much needed.
  • Sprummer (California spring --> summer) is here! I was lamenting the pseudospring (it got warm/sunny at the end of Feb. but has just sort of stayed the same temps-- even only in 60s-70 last week). It is supposed to be 80 (and sunny, of course!) tomorrow and this weekend!
  • To put things in perspective: see Randy Pausch give a very inspirational "last lecture..." Thanks to my cousin Amy for forwarding this incredibly moving message. Wow.

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Yay for carwashes! My car is now officially coated in pollen. Hopefully going to wash it this weekend, but nothing compares to the dirtiness that was your car! :)

Rachel and Hans said...

Sprummer!??!

It is still SprWINTER here!!

Hans

Anonymous said...

Tara...we miss you. I really wish I was going to be in Rochester while you were there. I think we will get into town right after the wedding weekend. :(