Sara Bareilles, a Eureka native, is a Grammy-winning singer and songwriter. I have to admit that I am not very versed in most pop culture phenomena, but I have heard her songs including "Love Song" on the radio, although there's no way I could have picked her face out of a crowd or actually named any of her other songs.
Late in September, friends told us about a *free* concert she was doing in Halvorsen Park in her hometown but which had limited space and for ticket reservations were required (we heard that upwards of 11,000 people might be expected!). Kelvin was able to score four tickets for our family for Sunday afternoon (and ). However, our friend Lori really wanted to go but wasn't so lucky with reservations, but since she helped us find a babysitter (Geneva) on short notice, we brought her (and Brenda) instead and left the kids at home, which was actually better! While there were lots of kids at the venue and concert, the line to get in (even though tickets weren't checked and this was hours before she was slated to take the stage!) snaked blocks away past the Eureka library and harbor (thankfully, I was prepared with sunblock, water, snacks, and my kindle!).
There were several warm-up musicians, and it was a stunningly warm and sunny day (70s) for Eureka.
(Lori, Sara, Brenda, K)

.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment