The boys (kids, that is) had a combined visit to the dentist last week (in February, which I found out is actually National Children's Dental Health Month as well as Pet Dental Health Month, although we are seriously behind in getting a dog cleaning under anesthesia). I have, on more than one occasion (with strong-willed Iver at ages 3 and 4, I think), had to leave the dental office without being seen, due to an inability to get Iver out of the carseat and into the office without sustaining bodily harm/scaring other patients (tears streaming down both of our faces). We have come a long way. Kelvin usually meets us at the office due to this issue and, while it's nice to have more hands, it's so much less work now and I could *probably* take both kids in without reinforcements.
Since Niall has been coming along (starting when he was 18 mo), Iver (obviously older and more mature) has turned a huge corner. He has stayed really still and calm on my lap as the hygienist polished and flossed his teeth (both back in the summer and again this week), and set a great example for little brother, who didn't cry at all when he went next.
Brushing monster's teeth!
All (pearly white) smiles at home!
This past week's visit reminded us that, while parenting and some of the early-years battles can seem so insurmountable, it gets easier. This, too, shall pass!








No comments:
Post a Comment